New
Find
Notify
Tools

PRO 3/7/10 Horn!
 Login/Join

Picture of Auzzi152
posted Hide Post
regarding workmans: Is yrs 40+ still a young punk?

True punks never loose there punk status regardless of age...

40 is old, I know cause I'm 37 and everything hurts, I'm the oldest person I see on a daily basis, I feel archaic...

I think there is truth to the your only as old as you feel and if your a 40 yer old motocrosser you have to feel old.

Now if you were one of those racers that never sacked up and twisted the grip and thought a safe day at the track was more important then a trophy then maybe you don't feel old and maybe your smarter then the guys sitting at home in there living room with sore shoulders, backs, knees and feet but my guess is there is an empty place on your mantle and in your memories where a trophy belongs...

of course holeshoting dan at horn would be a trophy in my mind till the end of time, a trophy i will never get... oh yea it doesn't count if he starts backwards!

regarding: you know how those SoCal guys are. Damn strait boyee, I resemble that remark!

Posts: 435 | Location: your moms house | Registered: Wed December 03 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ivest4
posted Hide Post
Actually..... I'm 40, Don't feel old, Have holeshot Dan Moore at Horn a few times and I'm not afraid to twist the throttle. You are only as old as you want to be. Some things are out of your control but if you can stay youthfully minded the body will follow.

Posts: 388 | Location: Arlington | Registered: Tue January 24 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pike 62
posted Hide Post
I am with you Ivest. I just wish my shoulder was with us to! LOL As far as a holeshot goes.....would be nice to do but at the end of next weekend I will be happy to have got to ride with my son and all my old racing buds. My age wont make any difference in doing those things......so it will be a great weekend!!!

Posts: 148 | Location: Glendale, Ca | Registered: Sat February 03 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
Ya that's what I said too.

------------------------------------
If you wanna live life on your own terms you
Gotta be willing to - CRASH AND BURN! ...

Posts: 3122 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Wed August 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pike 62
posted Hide Post
Yea....but the difference is that I broke my shoulder chasing Dom around and it still hurts but I am no where near quiting. Pain is just part of the sport.....

DONT QUIT PAUL!!!!!!

Posts: 148 | Location: Glendale, Ca | Registered: Sat February 03 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spin05
posted Hide Post
Dont quit paul.....Come on i shattered my foot in december and was back riding by april.....I have been hurt one way or another every year i have raced....Its part of riding.....

#329 40+ class

Posts: 808 | Location: camano is,wa | Registered: Sun September 03 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
As I said before, it's more than just the injuries. there is no where to ride anymore and I get tired of going by myself. I'm still on the fence.

Posts: 3122 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Wed August 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Marnie
posted Hide Post
I know were not as much as hanging with the guys but you know sis and I always game. By the time your hand and my ankle heals up we will be ready to go.... Smile

Posts: 240 | Location: Enumclaw | Registered: Tue January 23 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
if you hang like the guys I'm wondering things Wink

Picture of Aaron
posted Hide Post
So much for the Lib terror cell.... Frown

Posts: 2216 | Location: Marysville | Registered: Sat March 31 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Workman #21
posted Hide Post
Ya know I had this whole Universe it's Fait Crap line werked up for Paul and then Paul himself, and now you Aaron, managed to mess it up.

My line went something like this:

That’s just smak talk Paul and you know it, there’s plenty of places to ride. You got Oakwood, Riverdale, Straddleline, Washougal, Woodland, Longview and yer certainly a whole lot closer to Ward Creek than me so from my perspective. It’s not the places but the absence of peeps to ride with I'm hearing, and I hear ya on that one, but there’s hope.

STOP RACING! and start riding. Go back (way back) to your youth and remember why you did all this in the first place (girls aside). You did it cause it was fun and you could do it well. Well enough anyway as to get some girly attention that maybe them high school football jocks didn’t and well enough to begin to discover who you were and forming into. You did it because you knew racing MX admitted you into a club not eligible to the chest-pounding-foot-ballers, team-playing-baseball-dudes, big-bellied-bullies, or whiners-club cause I broke a bone or sumpt'n.

We’re Motocrossers…we all break bones. Git over it!

You did it because it was your destiny to ride Yellow (my not most preferred brand) and yer destiny be forever be relegated to the ranks of almost-shoulda-woulda-coulda, did she se that, did you see that, tripple-what-tripple, dude-cut-me-off, I’m kill-dat-suka, impossible jump, dude-yer-my-best-friend-so-why-you-gotta-punt-me-off-da-track-likie-that-I-coulda-died, club

Paul, complain all you want now cause it don’t matter. I know I’m gonna see ya somewhere, someday, somehow riding yer most beloved Yellow killer bee and you’ll have a smile on your face just like me when I started riding again (10yr absence).

It’s fait Paul, fait.

I’m writing this as I download NASA’s “Hubble's Deepest View of Universe Unveils Never-Before-Seen Galaxies” ( http://hubblesite.org/gallery/...m/entire/pr2009031a/ to my desktop as a background. I guess some things are just larger than us.

Posts: 2492 | Location: North Bend, WA | Registered: Wed June 21 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Aaron
posted Hide Post
Well put K-dub. Paul, I will ride with you every weekend. Let's go. Racing isn't the only mx.

In fact we were just talking about planning on a guys weekend at Mountain View. Myself, Sharkster, ModerbikeridingcrossMikey, Joshy Mylnar, Iveblister, and of course we would invite that Kay Dub guy, and I bet even the Mull-13er would go. We get 45 minute motos if you want! Then you kill your pain with Budweiser under the awning of the Hillbilly Hotel. I would even guarantee (almost) your wife that you wouldnt get hurt!

Sell that Suzy dude, (to get a nice bike like a Kawy) and keep on truckin dude.

Posts: 2216 | Location: Marysville | Registered: Sat March 31 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Open Class
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pike 62:
I am with you Ivest. I just wish my shoulder was with us to! LOL As far as a holeshot goes.....would be nice to do but at the end of next weekend I will be happy to have got to ride with my son and all my old racing buds. My age wont make any difference in doing those things......so it will be a great weekend!!!

You pre-staging some excuses for the race? Seems like that shoulder thing was a lifetime ago Big Grin

---------------------------------------------------------------
"You, you, and you: panic. The rest of you come with me"

Posts: 722 | Location: An island in the middle of a lake | Registered: Sun January 07 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
Would you guys stop. I may need a new mxppa, sticker. Burnt Ridge is running this weekend.

Picture of Aaron
posted Hide Post
Not that I'm a fair weather rider (wait, I am a fair weather rider) but I think it's probably a little early to ride at Burnt.

As for the MXPPA sticker, I need to get some more made, I went through the last ones like wildfire.

I think I will do die cut this time.

As far as the race this weekend, I am out. We had an apprentice killed on Friday and I plan on attending his services Saturday. Thought about doing the Sunday Super Single but I will probably wait until Spokanistan to do my annual race.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Aaron,

Picture of B Sharkey
posted Hide Post
yeah paul you cant quit, all you tards with your kind words motivated to me to eating healthy again, getting exercise, losing weight and i rode 3 times last week alone and also tonight. looking forward to riding with my buds again and race occasionally. wouldnt be the same without you bud

Posts: 1322 | Location: lake stevens | Registered: Thu October 06 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Workman #21
posted Hide Post
quote:
I may need a new mxppa, sticker. Burnt Ridge is running this weekend.

Now Paul why you gotta go and say Burnt Ridge is running this weekend when you know I can't go. I'm gonna be over at the Horn bearing witness to Pike #62 laying da-smak-down (or not) to big Dan (yellow bike) heading into first turn.

You know Burnt Ridge is my fav (pic here) and you gotta go and temp me with that. Dude, that's not right.

Big pic, Burnt Ridge one of fav's

Posts: 2492 | Location: North Bend, WA | Registered: Wed June 21 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of B Sharkey
posted Hide Post
good luck on that Ken, id love to go but the forecast isnt too good

Posts: 1322 | Location: lake stevens | Registered: Thu October 06 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pike 62
posted Hide Post
Dom, no pre staging of any excuses. My shoulder is still jacked up but it hasnt slowed me down that much and I will be there.....will you be there and will you be excuse free????

Picture of Open Class
posted Hide Post
I'll be there. Excuse free? well.....

---------------------------------------------------------------
"You, you, and you: panic. The rest of you come with me"

Posts: 722 | Location: An island in the middle of a lake | Registered: Sun January 07 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post