New
Find
Notify
Tools

The race report.
 Login/Join

Picture of DaveKapla
posted Hide Post
Ken, yea you got the spelling right. Still trying to get used to the faster tracks here in washington. Alaska tracks are great, but not as fast. I'll get it figured out though. no worries. see you guys at the next round for sure. Had a great time this weekend!

Everybody dies, but not everybody lives.

Posts: 16 | Location: Spanaway | Registered: Wed September 16 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Workman #21
posted Hide Post
Me to Dave me too. It was one for the record books. Pro racers brought their game as did every other class including old and super-old class. Give me P.R.O. or give me Nats' I'll attend both for sure but figure P.R.O. (absence of Chines backed Chicken outstanding) is-da-smak for calendar year 2010. Gotta give props to the Horn Rapids folks cause without them none of 3.27.2010 or 3.28.2010 would have been possible. HRMC dudes...love the bathroom facilities and believe-it-or-not the green (roped off) grass area too. Way cool. Gives a dude somewhere to lie down and cool off.

KW

Posts: 2492 | Location: North Bend, WA | Registered: Wed June 21 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TJ 755
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pike 62:
Cody did ride great this last weekend. For a kid who doesnt ride nearly enough he showed alot of ability and heart. Made me a proud dad!

As for myself......well I am happy with my ride for the most part. I hate getting beat but all in all I am OK with it for that round. Cardio was fine.....conditioning was fine. My shoulder on the other hand was far from fine. But no excuse and no shame. The guys that beat up on me all weekend should be beating me up. They are some of the faster guys at the races. I will do better next round!

As for the red wonder machine.....by the end of the weekend I was feeling pretty good on it. Nice bike with GREAT suspension. Thanks Dan!

And to my bud KW......Thanks alot for all your help!

Sweet, wish we coulda gone but that was our first weekend off since I cant remember. Maybe A1. Me and Pete were sposed to ride rapids this Saturday but my calf is strained/torn so I had to pull the plug. BTW there is a couple cool pics of Code E at prontopics on the pitbike.

Posts: 87 | Location: North Bend | Registered: Fri March 28 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DaveKapla
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Workman #21:
Me to Dave me too. It was one for the record books. Pro racers brought their game as did every other class including old and super-old class. Give me P.R.O. or give me Nats' I'll attend both for sure but figure P.R.O. (absence of Chines backed Chicken outstanding) is-da-smak for calendar year 2010. Gotta give props to the Horn Rapids folks cause without them none of 3.27.2010 or 3.28.2010 would have been possible. HRMC dudes...love the bathroom facilities and believe-it-or-not the green (roped off) grass area too. Way cool. Gives a dude somewhere to lie down and cool off.

KW

yea yea, horn rapids people did a great job! I stayed in the race trailer all weekend, it was really nice to have showers and clean bathrooms for sure. Hopefully I'll have more speed for the next round. Still shaking off the winter cob webs.

Posts: 16 | Location: Spanaway | Registered: Wed September 16 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Workman #21
posted Hide Post
quote:
I stayed in the race trailer all weekend

Dave .. dude that was no race trailer, it was a snowmobile (ok snow-machine ak AK. dudes) triple axle monster machine.

Ya done good. Will have to introduce you to Ward Creek and Burnt Ridge for some real good WA. state rides.

Posts: 2492 | Location: North Bend, WA | Registered: Wed June 21 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DaveKapla
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
I stayed in the race trailer all weekend

Dave .. dude that was no race trailer, it was a snowmobile (ok snow-machine ak AK. dudes) triple axle monster machine.

Ya done good. Will have to introduce you to Ward Creek and Burnt Ridge for some real good WA. state rides.

hahaha yea, its a little big for a dirtbike. I originally bought it for snocross racing. ah well, better to have more room than you need than need more than you have. hells yea! im all about checking out all the tracks I can...for sure! when do we leave?! Im thinking about Washougal next weekend.

Picture of Workman #21
posted Hide Post
Patience Dave have some patience. Us westies still got a gazillion days of rain left but Toes has a rain-shadow so is always a good winter-spring ride, Port Angeles WA is a banna belt too one from which a Jake Anstett has sprung. I'm thinking maybe that that whole Global Warming this is pure Crap, or is maybe a good thing. Wondering?

Anyway, Alaskan dude, Dave be patient. We have a few more weeks of rain and then it's heaven. Nature will bust loose and the NW MX'n is on for another year of MX.

Wonder if Paul's still up for a ride, Heard Marnie crushed ankles and got-some-screws, Dom is what he is, Da whoop monster and as for Pike well maybe he aught'a consider coming back North cause SoCal don't seem to be doing'em much good, MX wise anyway.

Picture of Pike 62
posted Hide Post
KW you should try saying something respectful and nice. I know it is hard for you especially when it is me that you are talking about but you really should try. I am sure you have heard of a little thing called KARMA....haven’t you? We all know that I am not the fastest guy on the line.........but at least I am on the line. I am not setting on the side line talking crap about my friend of 30 years. I am actually out taking the risks. It is a lot easier to be a legend from the sideline and a lot less risky. I am never going to be faster than I am today and that’s alright. It enough for me to just be able to still compete in the sport that I love.

It’s unfortunate that it is easier for you to put me down than it is to say good ride!

Posts: 148 | Location: Glendale, Ca | Registered: Sat February 03 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ivest4
posted Hide Post
Dave, you're riding really good and so is Pike! I'm going to have to step it up to keep you guys close. I had alittle too much excitement on the Friday before the race so that's my excuse. It was a fun weekend. My Slowzuki ran great and my EVO suspension was flawless!! See you guys at the next round.... bring it!!!

Posts: 388 | Location: Arlington | Registered: Tue January 24 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DaveKapla
posted Hide Post
quote:
Patience Dave have some patience. Us westies still got a gazillion days of rain left but Toes has a rain-shadow so is always a good winter-spring ride, Port Angeles WA is a banna belt too one from which a Jake Anstett has sprung. I'm thinking maybe that that whole Global Warming this is pure Crap, or is maybe a good thing. Wondering?

Anyway, Alaskan dude, Dave be patient. We have a few more weeks of rain and then it's heaven. Nature will bust loose and the NW MX'n is on for another year of MX.

Wonder if Paul's still up for a ride, Heard Marnie crushed ankles and got-some-screws, Dom is what he is, Da whoop monster and as for Pike well maybe he aught'a consider coming back North cause SoCal don't seem to be doing'em much good, MX wise anyway.

yea i still have the whole "crap I gotta ride now cuz summer is only three days long" thing going on from living in AK for the last 22 years. I keep forgeting the season here is way WAY longer.

Picture of DaveKapla
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ivest4:
Dave, you're riding really good and so is Pike! I'm going to have to step it up to keep you guys close. I had alittle too much excitement on the Friday before the race so that's my excuse. It was a fun weekend. My Slowzuki ran great and my EVO suspension was flawless!! See you guys at the next round.... bring it!!!

ah thanks man. you were haulin too. I gotta get better starts and minimize the mistakes. still shaking off the cobwebs. you know. so this weekend its racing at washougal or back to horn rapids i think. hmmm not sure yet.

Picture of Ivest4
posted Hide Post
The only place that's going to be good this weekend is probably east. Let me know Where you're headed. Wouldn't mind throwing down some laps!

Posts: 388 | Location: Arlington | Registered: Tue January 24 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dave were you racing in the legends class last weekend? What number were you? Just wondering It was a fun weekend racing with Ivest4 and Pike 21 (62) It is funny how long some of us have been racing each other.. I have been racing with John Pike since I was 16.. Good times... Good Memories..

Posts: 34 | Location: Monroe  | Registered: Mon June 01 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pike 62
posted Hide Post
It was a good weekend. It was good to set on the line with friends again...old and new.

Posts: 148 | Location: Glendale, Ca | Registered: Sat February 03 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DaveKapla
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scot 284:
Dave were you racing in the legends class last weekend? What number were you? Just wondering It was a fun weekend racing with Ivest4 and Pike 21 (62) It is funny how long some of us have been racing each other.. I have been racing with John Pike since I was 16.. Good times... Good Memories..

I think so (im still not used to the class names here) I was riding the +40A and +30A classes. #24 on a KTM 450sxf

Picture of DaveKapla
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ivest4:
The only place that's going to be good this weekend is probably east. Let me know Where you're headed. Wouldn't mind throwing down some laps!

We might head to toes this weekend. Not sure yet. We are trying to get Jerry ready for the last 3 supercross rounds. So we need a supercross track.

posted Hide Post
Very cool.. yea you were catching me at the end of the last moto.. I have not raced since last year and I am very out of shape. I had a lot of fun and hope to have a little more fitness by the next PRO event..
So have you moved to the NW or just staying here for a few months?

Posts: 34 | Location: Monroe  | Registered: Mon June 01 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DaveKapla
posted Hide Post
hahaha yea, I think we are all a bit out of shape, dont sweat it. Its all about the fun and people anyway.

We moved here in November. I work for Greer Steel, I was working in the Fairbanks Alaska office and had an oportunity to transfer down here so we took it.

posted Hide Post
Hey very cool, we have some great tracks in the area, Washougal - Burnt Ridge - Ward Creek - HRMC - Spokane - PIR - Woodland in the winter and then we have good tracks Port Angels - Olympia - Hannegan.. Lots of fun racing and some sick private tracks all across WA and OR..

posted Hide Post
Hey hope to see you at the races.. My name is Scot and I ride the 485 Honda Loaner...