Notify
Tools

Reminiscing
 Login/Join

Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B-rad:
Here are some pics of Spanaway fall 79 It was the benifit race held for Pat Jacobson Team Suzuki Riders, Shults and others attended dont remember their names, Great turn out. I crashed early in the race loosing my viser Ha!

I was the finish flagger for that race

------------------------------------
If you wanna live life on your own terms you
Gotta be willing to - CRASH AND BURN! ...

Posts: 3122 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Wed August 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by whoopss:
Great pics of Spanaway and Jolly guys. Me and Mike raced at spanaway when Rob Manning was hauling ass...I knocked myself senseless there once after starting dead last with only one glove on and working up through the pack!
I gated next to Rob at the last P.R.O race at horn. He was one of my favorite riders. I felt kinda stupid, being a 46 year old man, telling him that but I had to tell him that I had a crush on his sister :-) My other favorite racer was Rick Beneck(sp) Older guy at the time but seemed the consumate proffesional. Much like Greg Crater is today.

------------------------------------
If you wanna live life on your own terms you
Gotta be willing to - CRASH AND BURN! ...

Posts: 3122 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Wed August 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gun club 1981 Yamaha Gold Cup Series I made a couple hun that wk end. being local sure helped I'm eating dust behind Jim Anderson 244 Golf Course in way back RT.

Posts: 31 | Location: snohomish | Registered: Sun May 11 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gun Club 81

Posts: 31 | Location: snohomish | Registered: Sun May 11 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of moderbike x
posted Hide Post
i truly love all those pics! loved jolly and those bikes are awesome!! all of them

Posts: 215 | Location: lake stevens | Registered: Sat December 18 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Perhaps You Where There. 1980 Dealers Challenge SIR I had a big get off over finish line jump a lap into the first 125 Pro Moto. Was told I was running in top 10, waded and many landed on me Medic One from Harbor View was called in I was in ICU four days in a coma pic of helment cruched on left side,broke front piece.and what was left of my bike My Dad was in Japan at the time.Put my folks through hell then But thanks to family and friends pulled through. No broken bones so was ridding a few months later. Posting a clip from Cycle News about the Race. Unless You are a Transplant, Maybe you will reconice some names. Enjoy Brad Bolmes

posted Hide Post
Cycle News Clip

Picture of Bearmore
posted Hide Post
B-Rad; kind of ironic that my Dad was in Japan when I destroyed my bike at Jolly back in '89 over the finish line jump.

I called my Dad and said: "I destroyed my bike yesterday" He said "what exactly do you mean DESTROYED? I'll be home in a month and we will take a look at it."

He gets home and I open the shed and he says "YUP you destroyed it". The main weld where all three pieces of the frame came together under the triple tree was separated at all welds and an inch gap was between it all. The gas tank had popped all the plastic hold downs and was hanging there. Suspension had been crushed to the extent that the rear fender was permanently smashed onto my rear tire. It had to be carried off with the rear held up off the ground. To which I say another thank you to ALL that helped with that.

I luckily was able to let go of the bike prior to its LAUNCH!!! so I faired just fine. I managed to get a brand new '89 YZ125 to replace the '86 though Smile I was just hoping my Dad would have brought one right from Japan.

Posts: 445 | Location: Whidbey Island | Registered: Fri March 09 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
New member here Jerry bawyn I think I see Brad B And Rod C, I hope to hear more from you. I wish I could add pictures but my paRENTS HOUSE burned down, with my pictures

Posts: 1 | Location: indy46car@yahoo.com | Registered: Mon July 25 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of whoopss
posted Hide Post
Hey Jerry so cool to hear from you. Sorry to hear about your parents house, that's terrible. Hope everything else is going ok........Here's one for you. Recognize the paint on the green one?

Elsinores

Posts: 21 | Location: Rent-2-Own | Registered: Wed February 06 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kimball #126
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by moderbike x:
i truly love all those pics! loved jolly and those bikes are awesome!! all of them

AMEN!

Posts: 1187 | Location: Spokane | Registered: Wed November 12 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of blaze
posted Hide Post
Mc Minnville Ore 1978-79 We raced Woodland then Mulky or Fox Hollow on Sunday. If I remember Fox Hollow had a trick auto water syste, set up.

Posts: 188 | Location: Spokane | Registered: Sat December 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Workman #21
posted Hide Post
[1976 Puyallup, The Legend track]
http://www.3dasa.com/images/mo...d-MX-Photos-5b-a.jpg

[1976 Maico - Coffin Tank, Proud American]
http://www.3dasa.com/images/mo...d-MX-Photos-3c-a.jpg

[GTO Pulling Dirt-Bike, Detroit Power, Tired MXer]
http://www.3dasa.com/images/mo...-MX-Photos-13a-a.jpg

[Hero's I have mine - Pat Jackobsen. Gold-Bar WA. 1976]
http://www.3dasa.com/images/mo...d-MX-Photos-7a-a.jpg

...Note to All...

I Re-Discovered (found) an Old Photo Album hence the 1976 Dates.

Posts: 2492 | Location: North Bend, WA | Registered: Wed June 21 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post