New
Find
Notify
Tools

tires
 Login/Join

Picture of Justin Hawkins
posted
Has anybody tried the Artrax SX1 tires from motorsport. I read some reviews on TT, but wanted to hear from North west guy's.
Geo MX51's and I are not having a good relationship.
Thank's

Hawk

Posts: 354 | Location: Redmond | Registered: Fri January 18 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rays Dad
posted Hide Post
Did you find the mx51s wearing out too fast?

Posts: 582 | Location: Tacoma | Registered: Tue June 20 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
Hawk try the new prowheel tire. I need a guinea pig LOL. Looks like a michelin knock off.

------------------------------------
If you wanna live life on your own terms you
Gotta be willing to - CRASH AND BURN! ...

Posts: 3122 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Wed August 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TRA-742
posted Hide Post
At 12+lb my 51's were sketchy couldn't trust them, I was told try runnin 8-9lb and now they never seem to step out I can trust them, I have probably have four days of riding at low pressure at horn and no flats bent rims yet, but we don't have any rocks and I'm on a 250f, I want to try the m203/204? Next

Posts: 677 | Location: KENNEWICK | Registered: Sat November 22 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
High PSI it does not hold, but at low PSI I spin the wheel and rip the valve. It does wear quickly just like the 756 but does not perform like the 756. I change the rear tire at 50% tread so thinking of a cheap tire to run.
I use to run a IRC IXO7S and loved that tire but word must have got out because now they cost $103.00 from the low $50's from a couple years ago.

Hawk

Posts: 354 | Location: Redmond | Registered: Fri January 18 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Talked to a couple guy's that ride MT View and Shougal allot and they run a M12XC so I went with that since Pro Caliber Bend had a Memorial Day SALE $ $70.00 for tire and tube.
I will let you know how it goes?

Hawk

Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
I'm going to try the prowheel tires when I need a new one. The geomax are OK but I'm looking for good and cheap :-0

Posts: 3122 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Wed August 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paul 061:
I'm going to try the prowheel tires when I need a new one. The geomax are OK but I'm looking for good and cheap :-0

Paul, I'm running them now. The rear is working good and the front is fine. The first time on the front I wasn't happy but I dropped the psi a little and they worked much better. Have 3 rides on them and still has a good edge.
Also Rory S. Won the last round of the Mega Crown running them. If there good enough for him us normal riders should be fine.

Scott

This message has been edited. Last edited by: haybuck,

Posts: 44 | Location: Ellensburg  | Registered: Mon June 16 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
I'm too slow to know the difference in performance.

posted Hide Post
Rode at Mt View Sunday and the new M12XC hooked up great in both the morning mud and afternoon hard pack, did a total of 1.5 hours of riding out of the four hours that I was there and tire still has a square edge. Breaking bumps were harsh my hands just could not take it. Tire pressure 12psi rear and 15psi front. I hope to have my hand issues resolved by the next peactice on Saturday the 18th, and we will see how the tire holds again.

Hawk

Picture of Aaron
posted Hide Post
You could ride Mt. View with supermoto tires! You guys just need to do as I say, get some Starcrosses, and fuhgeddaboudit! Big Grin

Posts: 2216 | Location: Marysville | Registered: Sat March 31 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MX516
posted Hide Post
I just ordered a set of M12XC front/rears... The unfortunate part is that I won't be able to try them on Mtn View dirt. Frown

Its all boulders and river bed silt for me...

Posts: 571 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: Sun May 11 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MX516
posted Hide Post
I forgot to mention that I ordered a DEVOL skid plate as well!!!

Posts: 571 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: Sun May 11 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chaz#822
posted Hide Post
I run bridgestone 403/404 and I was running 14 psi, then an MXA article recommended 12.5 psi, so I tried it, and wow sticks like glue in fast flat corners. I'm a big guy and I was worried about rim damage, but nope just awesome traction IMO.

Posts: 61 | Location: Bellevue | Registered: Mon November 29 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MX516
posted Hide Post
Chaz... Those are the tires I swear by but now that I am up in AK they are chunking a little on the rocks. Never had any problems and loved them down there. Forced to try another...

Picture of Chaz822
posted Hide Post
Yeah those michelins wear like iron.

Posts: 35 | Location: Bellevue | Registered: Thu July 08 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Up-Date,
M12 XC Tire sucks t 12psi today at MT View in a sweeping corner 4th pinned the tire de beeded the rim dug into the ground, dirt filled the tire, then the tire re-bonded some how and I ate SHIT. Tube did not pop it still had 12psi, so as I see it that tire cost me, bars, brake lever, grips, and a tire, because I huckes that pice of #%$&^$ ^^$&^$#&^ rubber. I am not in the greatest of moods so most likely should have done this tomorrow but I just felt like getting it off my pocket book.
I hope you all have a better ride weekiend then me.

Hawk

Picture of Aaron
posted Hide Post
If by the M12 you are referring to the Michelin, We used to use those with pretty good results in the woods. We would run S12's in the winter, and M12's in the summer. Worked pretty good. But when we switched to MX, I was not impressed with their performance. The Starcross has performed flawlessly if you ask me, and I have run Bridgestones, and of course the stock Dunflops. I steer clear of the Maxxis, but a guy I know blew just about every knobby off of one on his 450.

Starcross MH3 work excellent at Mt. View, and I plan to confirm what I already know down there next weekend. As for this weekend, we will be at Ward, where they also work exceptionally well.

Posts: 2216 | Location: Marysville | Registered: Sat March 31 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
x2 on the Michelin Starcross MH3, ran a brand new set on my 450 this weekend at Mountain View, they hooked up great. Rode there last fall with Dunflops and they did ok, but nothing like the Michelins.

Posts: 475 | Location: Snohomish, WA | Registered: Thu November 20 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bearmore
posted Hide Post
So what dealership here in W. WA has the cheapest price for a 110-90-19 and a 90-100-21 Starcross?

I'm in dire need of a front tire prior to getting back to racing being mine has a HUGE gash I noticed the last time and it kind of makes me nervous so might as well put some new shoes on the scoot prior to "competing" again.

Posts: 445 | Location: Whidbey Island | Registered: Fri March 09 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post