New
Find
Notify
Tools

Get well spin05
 Login/Join

Picture of E.W. #849
posted
Spin05 wadded up this week and cracked his pelvis and some other stuff.
I didn't ever get the whole story on what happened though.
Whats the real story spin?

Posts: 3404 | Location: Bothell, WA | Registered: Wed November 12 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spin05
posted Hide Post
aaahhhha...Well not as cool as being airlifted off MT Baker ,but.. We were at Dales and Kyle Wood had just passed me and i thought i may try to keep up for 1 or 2 corner..LOL Big mistake. anyway the only way i could gain any ground i figured was to go far inside entering the rollers.So i did but was on the leftside were all the loose stuff and the ruts where.Next thing i know my back end got kicked sideways and started swapping.On the 3rd swap the bike launched me and i think the seat hit the inside of my thigh.After i stopped rolling i knew it wasnt good since i could not get up.I was thinking a dislocated hip. Ended up being a broken Pelvis in 3 places and a broken hip. Knee is also swelled up to twice its size,but doctors where not worried about the knee yet since i cant walk on it for 6 weeks. So i guess we will find out on it later. Hopefully nothing torn to bad.Other then that bike is in need of some new bars and front plate, but looks ok otherwise. Here is one of the pelvic break x-rays

#329 40+ class

Posts: 808 | Location: camano is,wa | Registered: Sun September 03 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of B Sharkey
posted Hide Post
i got a good view as i was taking a cool down lap. when scott did swap he did it all the way. that bike was 90 degrees to the roller. no way he was going to save it.

Posts: 1322 | Location: lake stevens | Registered: Thu October 06 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
Dude that sucks. Heal up quick. Did you ride in the big red truck or did someone take you to the hospital?

------------------------------------
If you wanna live life on your own terms you
Gotta be willing to - CRASH AND BURN! ...

Posts: 3122 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Wed August 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spin05
posted Hide Post
A friend took me but we got tired of waiting so we went to another ER. They then sent me by ambulance to Harborview. And yea brian its funny you say that cause i remember looking down and seeing the back of my back. Kinda like a nac-nac only 12 inchs off the ground.hahahahaha

#329 40+ class

Posts: 808 | Location: camano is,wa | Registered: Sun September 03 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of McGinnis_339
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear Spin, hope you're doing ok. I know your pain all too well. Feb 11th I dislocated my left hip and broke my right hip in 5 places. Almost 6 months after injury and almost walk without a limp now. Is surgery needed? If so, I hope all goes well.

Posts: 99 | Location: Des Moines | Registered: Thu September 24 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spin05
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mc339:
Sorry to hear Spin, hope you're doing ok. I know your pain all too well. Feb 11th I dislocated my left hip and broke my right hip in 5 places. Almost 6 months after injury and almost walk without a limp now. Is surgery needed? If so, I hope all goes well.

thanks...nope no surgery due the break appear to all be stable and the breaks are not part of any load bearing surface in the joint.So hopeing that will cut down on recovery.Im curious to see what happens with my knee thou.

#329 40+ class

Picture of spin05
posted Hide Post
just got back from the doctor. No torn ACL. I can start walking on it and start rehab next week.Back on the bike by december if all goes well....

#329 40+ class

Picture of Kimball #126
posted Hide Post
Wow, u came out not too shabby. I mean considering you could have broken ur back and torn an ACL...Glad no surgery!!! GWS...

Posts: 1187 | Location: Spokane | Registered: Wed November 12 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post