Find
Notify
Tools

Mabton MX Park
 Login/Join

Picture of Aaron
posted Hide Post
Youtube bro!

Posts: 2216 | Location: Marysville | Registered: Sat March 31 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MX516
posted Hide Post
Here we go... Here is a lap around Mabton MX Park. They said it was about 1.7 miles long and notice that the lap was about 3m 30sec for Ty. The Track is pretty fun with good terrain, Fast speeds and a great layout. It was a little dry but not bad (sounds like they are working on the water). The Video was shot from far away where you park and overlook the entire track! Also it was early in the day so the lines were just starting to form...

Mabton MX Park

This place has a ton of Potential so Check it out!

... And I must apologize for the shakey director/narrator/editor, he's not a talker! Sorry sharkbait! Big Grin

Posts: 571 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: Sun May 11 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of motodrew295
posted Hide Post
Yeah it was me. it was supposed to be a lion cut HAHA. I didnt even notice the lab chow sounds like a cool mix. Mines chow golden retriever.

And sometimes my avitar is blury for me too I dunno whats up with it.

Posts: 525 | Location: kennewick,WA | Registered: Wed March 02 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MX516
posted Hide Post
here is another video i found on the UTube...

Mabton MX Video

Posts: 571 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: Sun May 11 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
is there any jumps????

Posts: 91 | Location: TOES | Registered: Fri December 11 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not really

when you hit the wall you have to choose to go over or around, why do you keep running into it?

Posts: 210 | Location: washington | Registered: Mon August 23 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MX516
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BIG D:
is there any jumps????

Nope.. not really. a couple small tables, doubles and a step up that needs more of a lip. From what Randy said, they have plans to extend some stuff and make more tables with a bunch of good dirt they have stock piled... its full on GP style now...

Potential

posted Hide Post
sounds like fun

Posts: 91 | Location: TOES | Registered: Fri December 11 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MX516
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BIG D:
sounds like fun

right up your Alley Big D... small jumps... Wink

posted Hide Post
Hey guys just so you know. We are going to be making changes. We have a huge wall of great dirt,it came out of the area we put our pond in.
We have an irragation pond,I have built a pump using a chev 6 cylinder truck motor driving a pump. It worked great in our test of filling water trucks. It can fill 1400 gallon tank in 2 minutes. So we are now going to tackle getting some water on the track in a way that does not involve the truck.
We are going to use the dirt from the hole to make better jumps,longer jumps and they all will be table tops with long landing areas!
We will be putting are starting gate in the next couple of weeks,it is setting here at my house!
It is a long road to get to where we want to be and yes we are struggling to just be primative!
Once again more then you will ever know,thanks for your support and encouraging words! If you are not on our e-mail list please send me your address and we can keep you up to date. Thanks Randy

Posts: 29 | Location: Sunnyside WA | Registered: Tue January 26 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One other thing we will be closed for a few weeks for some work, but not only that we would never feel right about charging to ride on a dry track! I would not want to do it and we know you do not either! RD

Posts: 29 | Location: Sunnyside WA | Registered: Tue January 26 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
Randy do you have flaggers and on site medic during your practices?

------------------------------------
If you wanna live life on your own terms you
Gotta be willing to - CRASH AND BURN! ...

Posts: 3122 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Wed August 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At this time no to both. We have had very small turn outs up to date. The most we have evr had is 48 riders. We will never have over 50 riders in a day. This is so we can assure everyone gets to ride all day long as much as they want. At this point we have not had to break up any practice times.

posted Hide Post
everyone who has held a race at our track has had to provide the flaggers,lap counter's and such.
We provide a grommed watered track,the rest is on the promoter's.
But as of now after reading the respones from people the good,bad and the ugly (i am a big boy and can handle it all) I will never allow a flagger on the track that has not watched the safety video that so many people have suggested including Ray from HRMC who has been very good to me with advice and also setting the record straight in regards to some wrong info I had!

posted Hide Post
Randy here is my email tyklein@live.com
My name is Tyler Klein and am usually always there with the Werhmans

Posts: 38 | Location: Walla Walla | Registered: Wed November 01 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
Perhaps it would be a good idea to go back to the other topic and set the record straight. I suspect you are a good guy who wants the best for the riders but you didn't come across that way. You may want to address some of the issues you made that were based on wrong information.

Posts: 3122 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Wed August 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No perhaps I do not! I knew your question was a set up and thats fine. I have layed it all out on the line here!
As I said we will be getting the training video!
I had no idea that saying what you felt would come across as not careing about riders.
I care more then you could ever know,My reasons for being so passionate,are none of your bussiness or anyone else's. I say what I think,like it,hate it,I do not care but you will always know where I am coming from! If you would like another place to ride come see us,if not I understand! But if you think you want to continue to put me down for saying whats on my mind,go right ahead!
But know I do not stick my head in the sand and just think things are fine! Fire away!

Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
No no my question was not a set up in any way. It was an honest question. When I first started back racing I would not practice at a track without medics. I had many heated arguments with Gary Strode about the subject. I have been a proponent for flaggers and medics from day one. Again, it was in no way a set up or dig.

I never put you down for what you said, I do think you came off a bit over the top though.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Paul 061,

Picture of TRA-742
posted Hide Post
On practice days at horn im pretty sure Ray is the Medic and they generaly have a handfull of flaggers on the blind jumps and while riding you can kinda peak over when your on the corner or straight before it to make sure its clear..

WOW! I was thinkin after reading Randys ass chewing to HRMC and P.R.O. he must have all that going on at his track and plus alot lot more!

My granpa Jim used to tell me: Son you need to walk the talk before you run off at the mouth..

Posts: 677 | Location: KENNEWICK | Registered: Sat November 22 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hmmmm.

Anyway, since Paul is on drugs, let's ask him how Obamas hope and change is coming out for him.

Paul It totally suck you got hurt before your vacation. I guess the answer was "not to ride".

Posts: 1904 | Location: enumclaw | Registered: Mon August 22 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post