New
Find
Notify
Tools

PRO 3/7/10 Horn!
 Login/Join

Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
torn ligaments in my thumb and seperated shoulder. the injuries are only a part of the equation. The others are that there really is no where to ride anymore. I have to drive 1 1/2 hours to get to a track, then I'm by myself. Even before this latest incident, I was thinking it wasn't as fun as it used to be and I've always said if it aint fun it's over. that's why I gave up a 5 hdcp golf game in the beginning. I'm still not 100% sure I'm giving it up but I'm really leaning that way.

------------------------------------
If you wanna live life on your own terms you
Gotta be willing to - CRASH AND BURN! ...

Posts: 3122 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Wed August 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You could always pick and choose the tracks you have fun on. Getting hurt does suck but where can you hang with a great bunch of people and do such a fun sport?

Posts: 1904 | Location: enumclaw | Registered: Mon August 22 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
I'm going to use the money to buy a new set of golf clubs and a quad Big Grin

Posts: 3122 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Wed August 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wilcox
posted Hide Post
I feel what paul is saying theres no where close to ride now ... its a chore to go just ride for a couple hours and you end up making a day of it ....

thats one reason why i started racing again last summer theres no where to go just ride that within an hour of my house ..

i really been thinking about buying a dualsport and do some trail riding ...

Posts: 331 | Location: lynnwood | Registered: Wed November 12 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pike 62
posted Hide Post
I feel your pain Paul......I broke my scapula and tore up things in my shoulder back in Jan. I am still riding not because it doesnt hurt but because I truely love doing it. I wish you luck in whatever you do.....I just hope I see you at the track again because its just good to hang out with good people.

Posts: 148 | Location: Glendale, Ca | Registered: Sat February 03 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
Oh I'll still come out to the track, that's the best part, that is if they keep me out of Charleston long enough.

Picture of Workman #21
posted Hide Post
Who knows you could be heading over to Shanghai for some real work if this economy don't pick up.

I heard they were building big airplanes there, 150 seaters maybe.

Posts: 2492 | Location: North Bend, WA | Registered: Wed June 21 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spin05
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paul 061:
Oh I'll still come out to the track, that's the best part, that is if they keep me out of Charleston long enough.

Paul ..Can i get you to sweep my gate next weekend...I will pay you 2 beers for every gate sweep.

#329 40+ class

Posts: 808 | Location: camano is,wa | Registered: Sun September 03 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
haha that's what you have a kid for. I'll be drinking beer and eating fish and chips at an English pub while you are racing.

Picture of Pike 62
posted Hide Post
I would rather be eating dirt of the rear wheel of Dom's green machine than eating English fish and chips!

The beer might be good! LOL But then I can have that after I pass Dom! Big Grin

Posts: 148 | Location: Glendale, Ca | Registered: Sat February 03 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Paul Ask them for a cold bud light and see what they say. Tell them you are injured first!
Have fun dude.

Posts: 1904 | Location: enumclaw | Registered: Mon August 22 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spin05
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paul 061:
haha that's what you have a kid for. I'll be drinking beer and eating fish and chips at an English pub while you are racing.

haha yea well he seems to disappear when dad needs his gate sweeped.Or like last round his race ended up right before mine.So not only did i not get to see most of his race, but lost my gate sweeper too.There is a Idea Ted!!!!!No 85cc or supermini races within 2-3 races of the 30+ and 40+ class.Just a thought i know its luck of the draw,But if my son crash's while i am at the gate.You will find a green riderless bike left at the gate.....

#329 40+ class

Posts: 808 | Location: camano is,wa | Registered: Sun September 03 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Retirement
Like most I don't deal well with well intentioned people offering "help" with what I want to do. Paul,here is some more free advice. I raced as a young person,stoped at 28. Started at 40ish,about 23 years ago.I still love to race.But IF ITS NOT FUN!! DON"T DO IT.One of many "old guy sayings" I have is "If you leave this sport walking and talking you are a success! Hope you make the right decission for you. JR

Enjoy Racing & Riding for Fun!
Be a Good Sportsmen (or women)!

Posts: 767 | Location: Oregon | Registered: Mon July 24 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
Thanks JR, unforuneatly I never got to meet you. I wish I'd had. I really enjoy your down to earth posts and insites.

Picture of Open Class
posted Hide Post
Paul,

I am not going to hear anything about you hanging it up. Follow the past of the Jedi Master "Workman"....professioanl practicer.

Then see if your powers need to be tested in the battle field.

---------------------------------------------------------------
"You, you, and you: panic. The rest of you come with me"

Posts: 722 | Location: An island in the middle of a lake | Registered: Sun January 07 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Workman #21
posted Hide Post
Is true Open Class. The student has become the master where Whoops lay down before you and pinned throttles are the norm.

Paul's good but gotta give thanks for the day I was able to witness Gods like you master dem Toes Whoops.

EW says go faster and pull up harder, just clear #3 whop with yer front wheel and all will be fine, pin-it from there on. Hard to do with a 50% commitment on my part but I got da picture. Now only gotta commit.

Didn't then but don't mean I can't.

Still scared.

Posts: 2492 | Location: North Bend, WA | Registered: Wed June 21 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Damn I wish I would of gotten on hear last week to weigh in on this.. OK I will now..

Randy.. Dog ... I understand your passion for safety, flaggers and motocross. but like our liberal politicians have the facts right and don't twist them to make a point.
Lets talk a little.. If you have a jump with a low lip what do you have to do to clear the jump? Speed = hieght = distance?? right, you have to hit the jump harder and faster to clear the jump then if you give that same lip a rise. The steeper the jump face the less speed it takes to clear the jump.. now you can go to the other extreme but Ted did not do that with Richland.

Ted worked the track and I thought it was great. All of the people that I was talking to loved the track and loved it more on Sunday when they groomed it less. As for Ray he has done a great job with Richland, I use to go out and ride there when the state ran the track and as rider that goes a little faster them most it was scary to come up on some Kid or Slower rider and have them just turn left in my way or have 200 riders on the track at the same time, So Ray great job!

The real problem about people getting hurt now is less about the tracks and a lot more about the expectations of the riders or parents. Just because you can doesn't mean you should". With bikes today it is easy to dial one up and hit some jump that is big. But sometimes the skill set is not there yet to jump. Parents and riders need to learn when and when not to jump and to take it in stride with there talent. Go to a motocross school learn the basics (fundamentals) of riding a bike once you have those skills, riding or racing on any track becomes a lot less stressful.

Racing is dangerous and should be respected for the level of commitment we all put into it.

As for the flaggers in the 25+ years of racing flaggers are either heros or goats and it will never change..

Posts: 34 | Location: Monroe  | Registered: Mon June 01 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Auzzi152
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pike 62:
I would rather be eating dirt of the rear wheel of Dom's green machine than eating English fish and chips!

The beer might be good! LOL But then I can have that after I pass Dom! Big Grin

dude you've obviously never had real english fish-n-chips before...

Posts: 435 | Location: your moms house | Registered: Wed December 03 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Workman #21
posted Hide Post
PRO round #3-4 sounds like a hottie.

HRMC is always good for temps and track so only thing left to ponder are da peeps. Pike #62 phoned me up and was inquiring – how’s Dominic he’d didn’t race #1-2, What’s up with Dan Moore in da 40 class “I’m gonna beat'em” to the first corner at least.

This ole-fart advised not saying anything and just do-it but you know how young punks are, some-show, some-go. Q: Is yrs 40+ still a young punk? Compared to me it seems so, wondering about group opinion?

Me, I continue to peddle my mtn-bike up and down Gods country’s own NW Cascade John Wayne trail, Doc say’s I’m good to go just getting old, Weather’s been good-to-crapy (first day of spring 2010 high 60’s then rainy and miserable next).

Pike said he sent his agenda via email (arrival time and place, SoCal to NW) but have yet to receive, you know how those SoCal guys are. Sure hope this does not bode of things to come. The Red Wonder machine is fully prepped’, gearing’s spot on, the red beast looks AMA show worthy, EVO suspension is totally whack! (Tested at Toes last weekend, 03-14-2010, by Dom, #19 young Pike, and Me). I'm running triple redundancy air filtration going forward so no excuses. All #62 has to do now is perform.

PS Dan .. running yer settings! Way cool for me, have single-blade screw driver at-the-ready should #62 need it. Tire pump, chain lube, crying towels too just in case.

Picture of Pike 62
posted Hide Post
PRO round 3-4 will be fun! It will be good to see everyone. Spend some time with my son and some old friends.

As for beating Mr. Moore to the first turn.....we all have to have a goal! LOL Specially because after that I will likely not see him again unless he laps me! I really hope that doesnt happen!!! LOL

PS. Workman I Alaska Airlines was supposed to forward my flight plans to ya......guess they forgot that part.